University Library Instructions
To become the University Library user / reader, everybody has to have the ISIC card available in the VFU Centre of the Information Technology Dept. In this place each of users obtains his/her Login and Password for computer access. The OPAC catalogue Password is the same.
• To follow the University Library Order
• To follow librarians´ instructions
• To take good care for the borrowed library units
• To let the Library staff know about changes of personal and residence data
• Text-books and books for the 1st year of study are available for two weeks
• The loans for higher years of study are available for the period of half-year from the data of borrowing
• Books of the Computer Study Room are available for one month
Additional charges will be payable for all items after the date due for return. When the loan period is exceeded, the borrower receives a reminder and is obliged to pay a fine, 3 CZK for every library unit and day. Reminder concerning sanction fees will be sent to the reader by e-mail; than it will be sent by a registered letter. Borrowers are responsible for paying the replacement value, in case a library item is lost or damaged as specified in the pricelist. No renewal of the loan period will be granted in case there are unreturned items after due date in the library system. Library software does not allow borrowing another item in case loan period of borrowed books was exceeded. The borrower is obliged to return all items after due date.• Internet and book scanner available free of charge
• Two copy machines available with magnetic cards
• Cloak-room boxes (against the Library Entrance) available for the 10 CZK coin
• It is not allowed to enter the Library space with meal and beverages
• It is necessary to keep quiet in the Library space. For communication stay kindly in the Lobby area.
• All the questions and requests concerning to the Library service and operation, please, turn to the Dean´s Office for Study Affairs of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine (Miss Ticha), which closely co-operates with the University Library staff